Friday, December 18, 2015

Loyal3 Lunch: Week 7


How many lunches?

If you haven't been following this series, I'm trying to break my habit of eating out at lunch for no good reason.  Each day I bring my lunch gives me $5.00 to invest in stock with Loyal3, an online commission-free broker.  This week I brought my lunch four days; therefore, I have $20.00 to invest this week.

Which Stock?

Stocks took a beating this week.  I decided to add more of the stock in my portfolio that had dropped the most.  AMC had dropped 9% since I bought it.  Why the stock that dropped the most?  Well, basically, I believe in these companies and believe they will do well; therefore, when the price drops it is like getting my favorite things at the store when they are marked down.  We shall see if this is a good strategy or not.  

Am I making money?

Well, I didn't notice it until after I had pushed the buttons, but I got an eight cent dividend from VFC this week.  However my portfolio as a whole is down 3%.  Before today, I'd invested $120.00 and it is worth $116.65.

You can see my whole Loyal3 Lunch portfolio by clinking the link at the top of the page. 
Disease Called Debt

No comments:

Post a Comment