Thursday, December 31, 2015

Loyal3 Lunch: Two Weeks in One Post


How many lunches?


If you haven't been following this series, I'm trying to break my habit of eating out at lunch for no good reason.  Each day I bring my lunch gives me $5.00 to invest in stock with Loyal3, an online commission-free broker.  This post is to report on Christmas week and New Year's week.  Christmas week I worked three days and did not buy lunch at all.  New Year's week I worked three days and bought lunch once.

Which Stock?


Christmas week I invested my $15.00 in Kohls and got .3043 shares.  New Year's week I invested $10.00 in VF Corporation but the transaction has not been completed.  

Am I making money?


I have invested $155.00 dollars, and the current value is $153.06.

You can see my whole Loyal3 Lunch portfolio by clinking the link at the top of the page.

Year End Comments: 

Little bad habits can end up costing big money.  As I said when I started this series, most of my lunches "out" were going down to the mediocre lunch counter in my office building.  Getting lunch there is fast and convenient, and it doesn't taste bad.  On the other hand, dropping $10.00 per day isn't unusual.  Giving up that lunch means taking a few minutes in the morning to grab leftovers from the fridge or remembering to ask my husband, who does the grocery shopping, to pick up Lean Cuisine.  

Do you have a bad financial habit you need to break?  Would directing a certain sum of money toward a goal you have (whether that goal is a stock portfolio, a Coach bag or a trip to somewhere fun) help you break that habit?  

No comments:

Post a Comment