Here is a screenshot of my Prosper dashboard. You can see that Most of my money is in C, D, and E rated loans. You can see that if you look at all my notes, the annualized return is 13.39%, but that if you look at my seasoned notes--those that are more than 11 months old, the return is 12.88%. That is because the older a batch of notes gets, the more defaults there are. It is been Prosper's experience that once a batch of notes reaches 11 months of age, returns stabilize. The dashboard also shows you the annualized return by grade of my seasoned notes.
If you click on the screenshot you can see it better but a few highlights:
- The average interest rate of the notes I own is 17.5%
- My payments in excess of principal are $3,076.21
- The amount of principal that has been charged off is $1,115.95
- My gain to date is $1,960.26 (the account is about 18 months old)
- 49 notes have been charged off and/or sold (they sell charged off loans and you get a few cents on the dollar for them)