Friday, January 29, 2016

Loyal3 Lunch


How many lunches?


If you haven't been following this series, I'm trying to break my habit of eating out at lunch for no good reason.  Each day I bring my lunch gives me $5.00 to invest in stock with Loyal3, an online commission-free broker. This week should remind me to meal plan.  Tuesday I had an errand to run at lunchtime and drove through a favorite fast food place; by Friday I was sick of grilled cheese sandwiches and there was nothing else in the fridge.  This week I got $15.00 to invest.

Which Stock?


Retire Before Dad has a list of Loyal3 stocks (they sell a very limited number) and has set up a constantly updated spreadsheet that rates them. You can see the chart and methodology here.   When  I looked at it, Best Buy was number 1 and Intel was number 2.  For some reason, I'm nervous about Best Buy; I'm just not convinced they are going to be around long-term.  It's a gut feeling, not an educated point of view.  In any case, I didn't want to buy Best Buy, so I bought Intel.  

Am I making money?

I'm up this week!

Comments: 

Off to plan some yummy lunches so when my husband buys groceries tomorrow he gets what I need so I can skip the overprice mediocre food at the building lunch counter and buy stock instead.


*Part of Financially Savvy Saturdays on brokeGIRLrich, Disease Called Debt and Friday Night Shenanigans*

1 comment:

  1. My husband who is retired made my lunch twice this week - a farro salad. I've never had farro before and must say it wasn't bad and filling too. I struggle with making a lunch that is filling enough or tempting enough to actually eat.

    It would be heaven if he'd make my lunch everyday, but I'm not going to push my luck.

    ReplyDelete